JOB TITLE: Library Assistant, Part-Time
Job Description: Performs informational and routine service to assist the public in the use of the library.
Accountability: Reports to the Library Director
Hourly Wage: $11.50 per hour
Work Schedule: Approx. 11-16 hours per week, 2-3 evenings per week. Some Saturdays and other times as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check out, renew, reserve, and receive library materials.
- Answer telephone and give preliminary assistance to users.
- Locate material for users.
- Issue and update borrower cards according to prescribed procedure.
- Collect and record daily statistics.
- Receive and record monies.
- Process additions to the collection.
- Repair damaged or worn library materials.
- Implement and maintain effective customer relations.
- Sort and re-shelve collection materials.
- Performs other related work as required.
To Apply: Interested applicants should email a resumé, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Subject heading should read "Library Assistant Position."