SALARY: $16.48 - $22.19 per hour
The Bedford Public Library seeks a detail oriented individual to perform library technical work and other duties, such as ordering and cataloguing new acquisitions, the maintenance and use of the library collection and assisting patrons. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Orders library materials, verifies deliveries against invoices and maintains records of acquisitions.
- Performs elementary copy cataloguing using bibliographic database and enters assigned relevant categories.
- Responsible for all aspects of processing library materials.
- Performs specialized and routine clerical tasks such as data entry, preparing reports and filing.
- Performs circulation desk duties including issuing library cards, checking collection materials in and out, collecting fines and handling complaints.
- Works in one or more sections of the library performing a representative range of duties and responsibilities.
- Performs serial check in and database maintenance.
Applicants must have proficient computers skills and be able to perform them with a high degree of accuracy. Applicants must be able to work with minimal supervision and regularly take personal initiative to execute work responsibilities. Knowledge of library methods, techniques, procedures and library ILS systems, as well as a commitment to good customer service is essential. Familiarity with copy cataloguing preferred. A college degree and three years of library, or related experience, and prior computer training and experience is preferred.
(This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as may be required.)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter and resumé to:
Mary Ann Senatro, Library Director
Bedford Public Library
3 Meetinghouse Rd.
Bedford, NH 03110
or email email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.