The Chester Public Library, located in beautiful Chester, New Hampshire, is looking for a creative, innovative, forward thinking self-starter, and team player to fill the newly created position of Assistant Director - Head of Youth Services. The Assistant Director will assist the Library Director in planning, organizing, and administering the library’s programs, services and collections, with focus on but not limited to youth services.
- Develops programming for children and teens. Works with Youth Services Library Aide and Director to accomplish related tasks and promote youth services.
- Prepares crafts, designs bulletin boards and displays, and assists in the general upkeep and organization of the youth area.
- Works with the Director to develop Library collection, with focus on youth materials.
- Catalogs materials.
- Assists in weeding of library collection, with focus on youth materials.
- Outreach to the schools and community is an extremely important aspect of this job.
- Proficiency in children's and teen literature, social media, downloadable technology, Microsoft Office products and strong customer service are a must.
- With the Director, reviews and makes recommendations for policy and procedural changes.
- In absence of the Director, performs and supervises all library services.
- Assists in circulation and day-to-day library operations
- Flexibility, excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork are essential.
- The ability to multi-task, follow-through and work in an environment with competing demands upon your attention is necessary.
- Sense of humor is a plus!
- Performs or assigns other duties as assigned by the Director.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: The schedule for this position is 25 hours per week. Schedule requires some evening hours during the week and two Saturdays a month.This is a part time position offering paid holiday, vacation and sick time. Salary is $15/hr. This position is part-time and does not include benefits.
Address: Please submit cover letter, resumé, and three professional references by mail to:
Tim Sheehan c/o Chester Public Library
PO Box 277
Chester NH 03036-0277
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web Site: http://www.chesterlibrary.com/
Source: Employer issued job notice, 05/22/2013