Duties: The Merrimack Public Library is looking for a positive team-player to work on the main floor of our fast-paced library. The ideal candidate will have creative problem-solving abilities, and can be attentive to details while exhibiting a commitment to our library’s greater objectives. Duties include shelving library materials, checking materials in and out, processing patron reserve materials; processing financial transactions, providing general assistance to the public in person and on the phone, and maintaining an orderly and attractive library space.
Qualifications: HS diploma required. Ability to alphabetize and work with decimals required. Candidate must have excellent customer relations skills; have good computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office. Experience working in a public or school library highly desirable.
Closing date: October 24, 2015 or until position is filled.
Salary: $9.81/HR (Up to 12 Hrs/Wk - No benefits)
Address: To apply, submit resumé to Jennifer Greene, Circulation Supervisor via email
email@example.com or by mail to:
Merrimack Public Library
470 Daniel Webster Highway
Merrimack, NH 03054
MERRIMACK PUBLIC LIBRARY
Job Description: Page/Library Aide-Circulation
Is primarily responsible for maintaining proper order of library materials in the library. The position includes coverage of assigned shifts at the circulation desk. Page/aides may perform specific functions at the circulation desk during peak hours.
Works under the supervision of the Circulation Supervisor who assigns duties, schedules hours of work, trains, routinely checks the stacks, and evaluates. In the absence of this person, the Reference Librarian on duty is the supervisor.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Part A: Page Duties
- Replaces books and other library materials in their proper place on shelves, etc. in all areas of the library.
- Reads the shelves daily and keeps them neat and orderly.
- Collect the patron request materials. Occasionally print the request list and ready the materials to go on the hold shelf.
- Keeps library neat and in good order.
- Displays a friendly, helpful attitude.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Primarily sees that library users receive the service and attention they require. Refers customer to staff person best able to help.
- Checks library materials in and out.
- Answers the telephone and routes calls to appropriate person.
- Processes reserve materials and notifies customer when materials are ready.
- Collects fines on overdue materials. Clears computer records when overdue materials are returned.
- Issues and updates library cards.
- Records daily circulation desk reference and stand-up computer usage.
- Keeps the circulation area neat and orderly.
- Participates in staff and team meetings.
- Does other duties as assigned.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to bend and stoop, to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and to reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, go up and down stairs, and walk on a frequent basis.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent is frequently required to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds.
- While performing the essential functions of this job the incumbent is occasionally required to lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Demonstrated ability to read and write English; ability to alphabetize; ability to work
with decimals; basic familiarity with computers.
This is a permanent part-time position with a weekday, weekend, and/or evening schedule.